Importance of Assessment Before Hiring
PEOPLE ASSESSMENT IN HIRING PROCESS
WHAT IS PEOPLE ASSESSMENT?
People assessment is the process of evaluating an individual's knowledge, skills, abilities, and personality traits to determine their suitability for a particular job or role. It can be used at any stage of the hiring process, from screening resumes to making final hiring decisions. It beats traditional interviews, reference check and recommendation because it is scientific, authentic, reliable and data driven.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT BEFORE HIRING PEOPLE?
People assessment is important before hiring people because it can help employers to:
- Identify the most qualified candidates for a position.
- Reduce the risk of making bad hires.
- Improve the quality of their workforce.
- Increase employee engagement and productivity.
- Create a more diverse and inclusive workplace.
There are a variety of scientifically validated people assessment tools available, including:
- Cognitive ability tests measure a person's general intelligence, problem-solving skills, and reasoning ability.
- Job knowledge tests assess a person's knowledge of the specific skills and knowledge required for a particular job.
- Personality tests measure a person's personality traits, such as their level of extroversion, agreeableness, and conscientiousness.
- Work samples require candidates to complete tasks that are similar to those they would perform on the job.
- Behavioral interviews involve asking candidates questions about their past behavior in order to assess their skills and experience.
GENERAL TOOLS FOR PEOPLE ASSESSMENT
Some of the most common people assessment tools include:
- Cognitive ability tests: Wonderlic, SHL Cognitive Ability Test (CAT), General Aptitude Test (GAT)
- Job knowledge tests: Hogan Sales Assessment Battery (HSAB), Customer Service Skills Assessment (CSSA), Microsoft Office Skills Test (MOST)
- Personality tests: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), DISC assessment, DiSC Classic 2.0
- Work samples: Case studies, role-playing exercises, presentations
- Behavioral interviews: Situational interview questions, behavioral event interviews (BEIs)
BENEFITS FOR EMPLOYERS/ HIRING MANAGERS
People assessment can provide a number of benefits for employers and hiring managers, including:
- Improved hiring decisions: People assessment tools can help employers to identify the most qualified candidates for a position and reduce the risk of making bad hires.
- Increased employee engagement and productivity: Employees who are hired for jobs that they are well-suited for are more likely to be engaged and productive.
- More diverse and inclusive workplace: People assessment tools can help employers to identify and hire candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- Reduced turnover: Employees who are hired for jobs that they are well-suited for are more likely to stay with the company for a longer period of time.
OTHER IMPORTANT SUGGESTIONS TO EMPLOYERS
When using people assessment tools, it is important for employers to:
- Choose tools that are reliable and valid.
- Use the tools in a fair and unbiased manner.
- Communicate the results of the assessment to candidates in a clear and concise way.
- Use the information from the assessment in conjunction with other information, such as the candidate's resume and interview performance, to make hiring decisions.
If you are interested in using people assessment tools in your hiring process, there are a number of things you can do:
- Identify the skills and knowledge that are required for the positions you are hiring for.
- Research different people assessment tools and choose ones that are reliable and valid.
- Develop a process for using the assessment tools in a fair and unbiased manner.
- Train your hiring managers on how to use the assessment tools and interpret the results.
- Communicate with candidates about the assessment process and how the results will be used.
By following these above tips, you can use people assessment to improve your hiring decisions and create a more qualified and productive workforce.
Discover the Power of People Assessment Today with FroxJob.
For more information contact 9801898005 (WhatsApp)