Senior Finance Officer
Shreenagar Agro is Nepal’s leading Agribusiness company providing integrated services to the farmers with an aim of making every “kisan” (farmer) a “Shreekisan”. A Shreekisan is a progressive farmer who is empowered by Shreenagar to take his or her business to greater heights of success. Shreenagar does so by providing Shreekisan a “one stop solution” for all their farming needs—seeds, feeds, technical assistance, capacity building training, access to finance/insurance, market linkage, and innovation hub. Shreenagar is one of the pioneers in promoting the use of digital platforms in the field of agriculture. Thus, Shreenagar ensures a sustainable growth and profit for each Shreekisan.
- Oversee and manage daily program-wide accounting and finance functions including timely recording of transactions, cash management, banking, payroll, inventory, receivables, and payables.
- Plan and implement systems for financial operations in the country office and in area program offices in accordance with the LWF Finance Manual and donor regulations; including systems for cash flow management, budgeting, consolidation of accounting information, internal controls, financial reporting, financial record-keeping, grant management and compliance.
- Train and supervise finance staff in the program.
- Maintain banking relations and plan and monitor country cash flow requirements to ensure the smooth implementation.
- Prepare monthly standard accounting submissions to LWF World Service Headquarters, for review by the Finance and Administration Manger, including general ledger files, account reconciliations, expenditures by cost center/project, as well as other financial information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare monthly management reports to the Finance and Administration Manager and Program staff as required, including expenditures by cost center/project and other financial information, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare financial reports, for review by the Finance and Administration Manager, to donors in line with donor requirements and templates.
- Assist in developing annual fiscal year budgets together with the Finance and Administration Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- CA / MBA Degree inrelated field, Professional qualification in accountancy. (An advanced degree is preferred).
- 10 years of progressive financial management experience in manufacturing company is required.
- Demonstrated experience and skills with budget preparation and analysis, financial reporting preparation and presentation and the proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports.
- Strong accounting skills and experience, including management of general ledger, journal entries, payroll, payables and balance sheet.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Prior staff supervisory experience and strong organizational skills are desired.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Good communication and excellent inter-personal skills.
- A team player who is responsible, diplomatic and confident at dealing with people at all levels and different backgrounds.
- Good analytical skills is essential.
- A problem solving and solution oriented attitude; be methodical and adaptable.
- Planning skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and deliver on set objectives within given deadlines.
- Approachable and willingness to listen and assist finance and non-finance colleagues.
- Ability to work under pressure and on irregular working hours.
- Ability to occasionally conduct training of staff within the financial management area.
- For further information, directly contact at 9801048463 (Pabitra).