The Golyan Group is a leading private sector enterprise headquartered in Nepal. Founded by Sohan L. Golyan, the group’s business interests span across diverse industries with an annual revenue of $200 million.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting, and other tax requirements.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Ensuring strict confidentiality of all financial matters of the company except in matters where necessary
- Monitor reserve accounts and short-term fund investments.
- Review bank statements.
- Research and reconcile all discrepancies.
- Auditing and verifying documents.
- Following internal controls.
- Completing data backups.
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven senior accounting experience
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
- Substantial knowledge of Banking norms and should have exposure in dealing with Bank as Accountant
- Should have knowledge of LC and TT
- Awareness of business trends
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good teamwork and communication skills
- Hardworking, proactive and dedicated to work
- Good command in English
- Ability to work under pressure